Thursday, December 31, 2009

What we have been up to....

We spent Christmas in Northern Idaho with my family. We got a cousins picture. We were missing a TON of family, but we had fun. I love this picture with Tytan sticking Riley with a dart!

Santa Came to make a little visit, and bring Ava her Christmas Jammies. The little cousins had a great time! Ava saw Santa and said, "It is Santa, I know you!"

Here is a cake that I made for my friend, Jessica's birthday, which happens to be the same day as Ava's. I didn't give the bow long enough time to dry, so it was a little droopier than I had planned and I had to use some toothpick support, but it was all good.
This summer when I was pregnant and Riley was in California for his internship, I made flower clipies...and I just didn't stop. I made about a bazillion, and I just hung some up in Viv's room. I am addicted to these cute giant clothes pins. I have some in the office for the mail and things, some for Ava's pictures, and now they are holding flowers.
Here is Ava's bunch of flowers...the really sad thing is I gave away a lot to cousins and friends, and I still can't even fit them all. Good thing I have two little girls to share them!
Ava requested a few pictures be posted...one is her name in her room. So here it is.

The other is her table and drawing easel. We rearranged today and so she wanted new pictures of where she put her things. She is hilarious!
Here is another little something I made for Viv's room. The funny thing is, for some of the things I collected the envelops we got in the mail that are the security ones and used them. So if you look really close, some have names of companies on them. Oh well they were free!

I decided that before school starts again and things get crazy I needed to finish some projects and get really organized. With both of us in school, with alternating schedules, so we don't have to get a babysitter, and Riley in the bishopric we aren't expecting to have a lot of time to get things done, so I went crazy and organized everything. I was working on a project for Viv's room. We got an old rocking chair from Riley's Grandma Belle, but it had been stained and painted so many times it was all different colors, so I painted it black and antiqued it, so it is rustic and really cute. Then I decided to do the crib to match, because we have moved 6 times with this crib, it had a little wear and tear, but I just love it, so I painted it, and roughed it up a little. It turned out really cute. I did a thin coat, so you can still see all the wood grain. Viv's room is finally done!


Riley and I celebrated our anniversary yesterday. Riley was sick, so we just had a low key dinner at home. After dinner we played a little gin and had some mini eclairs...yummy! Perfect night! I love you Ri!

Here is a cute one of Ava that she requested, because Elmo's world is on the background, and she just loves Elmo's world, so she wanted a picture with it.

Here is one that Ava took of Miss Viviann. Big blue eyes! I love it!

So that is the last few weeks in a nutshell. We hoped that everyone had a great Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

8 comments:

The Hughes Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!! Im sorry Riley was sick...that is no good...I totally get that one. Im still feeling it 3 days later! your cake looked Beautiful! The rooms are Beautiful! I think i need to get more stocked up on flowers...your making me feel a little behind! Ava is a great little photographer and blogger. I like that she had a say on what pics went onto the blog. lol! You guys have the cutest family! Happy New Year! Good luck in school for the both of you!

Porter Family said...

I think you have two of the most adorable girlies on the planet. I can't believe how big Viv is getting! I'm MISSING IT!!!!!! Give them kisses from Auntie Heather please. I miss the ginormous Griffitts Christmas Celebration Spectacular. Yep, I said it.

Erin said...

Good grief, Lindsay, you are out of control creative and talented. I know I've said it a billion times, but I can't help that the ugly head of jealousy is rearing it's head. Of course, I'm going to have to say that my ugly head of jealousy is marginally prettier than anyone elses.

Marilyn & Steve said...

You go, girl! Keep up the fun work - that's the kind I like! Things are quiet here, but we sure had fun with your little, CUTE family! We'll see you soon, I'm sure!
Have a great start to 2010!
Mom/Gramma

Emily said...

This was fun to see some of the things you guys have been doing. You have been so busy! All the crafts that you've done are really cool. I love the owl picture made out of security envelopes. I saw that idea on a crafty blog and I loved the idea. So I've been saving them too. Shaun thinks I am nuts-o for doing it. I laughed when I saw that you did it too! truly friends! I was glad to have a really cool example to show Shaun so he could quit thinking I'm crazy for saving garbage and start thinking I am as cool as you! :) Your girls are so cute. I really miss Ava. Lincoln is doing more signs now and his own interpretations of the signs are like Ava did them, like the cracker one. :) So I think of you guys all the time. Happy Anniversary and good luck to both of you starting school soon. You're doing a great job!

Brittney said...

That owl picture is awesome!! You seriously are creative!!! You are so talented.

The Olligschlager Family said...

Happy New Year! It sounds like 2010 will be busy. I love your crafts! I really need to know how to make those cute clips.

Tamar and Trevor said...

Love the owls! I am so glad to have some flower clips for the girls and your girls are beautiful. I need to meet Viv before she is 3 like Ava. Love you guys!