Monday, December 7, 2009

Born To Ride

This weekend Ava wanted to go out into the FREEZING cold snow...really it is freezing here. Today the high is 13 degrees and the lows are down into the negatives. Mix that with the Rexburg wind and it is unbearable! Weather only a two year old would want to play in. Luckily, Riley doesn't mind it so much either, so he took her out into the snow. She wanted to sled, but we don't have sleds, so Riley got out an old snowboard. He adjusted the bindings as close as he could and strapped her in. SHE LOVED IT! She would go down the hills, and then Riley would give her a push, and she would just cruise! She was too cute! XGames here she comes!

13 comments:

The Hughes Family said...

Seriously she is ready to go. WOW Im impressed!!! Good job Ava!

Marilyn & Steve said...

I would just LOVE to see that! (But I think I'd watch from inside the house with a cup of hot chocolate in my hands!) Go Ava!
Gramma!

Henderson Family said...

Oh my word. That is seriously the cutest thing ever.

Jenni said...

she is amazing!

Chrystina said...

that is really cool!

Tamar and Trevor said...

Send Ava over to play with Emma. I am so glad that my girls are old enough to play outside without me because I am a wimp.

Sokimna said...

How fun! Why would you pay to go snowboarding anywhere else when u could do it in the backyard!

The Olligschlager Family said...

That is totally Ava! Got to love that girl!

Porter Family said...

She could kick my bum on the bunny slopes. Way to go passing your cool genes on to your kids! Way to go Riley for being such a phenomenal teacher.

Karina & John Calderwood said...

That has got to be the cutest thing I have seen in a looooong time. That kid's got talent.

The Reynolds said...

Go girl...Just the fact that she can handle the cold makes her way tougher than Tytan!

Camille English said...

yeah! call me when you get here or email me. We will make time for you guys!

I love your little family picture on the side.

Erin said...

I think you should get her ready for the X Games...and then live off her winnings for the rest of your life. I plan to do that with my children. Of course, if they get my genes, I don't think they'll be very good athletes. How else can I cash in? :)