Thursday, January 29, 2009

Butter Cream Project



Here is my Butter Cream Frosting Cake Project. The requirements were that it must be all done in Butter Cream frosting, have roses and leaves and at least three different colors. So here is what I came up with. I am not very good at piping lines yet, so those look horrible, but I was happy with the roses and leaves. These are just pictures I took on my phone in the kitchen at school, so they aren't too good, but you get the idea. Next week we get to start fondant, and makes some really cool funky cakes, I am so excited! The instructor also says she has a fondant recipe that actually tastes good, but I'll believe it when I see it. If such a think actually exists, why don't people use it?

16 comments:

Porter Family said...

YUM!!!!! That looks quite divine. You're so talented. How are we related again? :) Can't wait to see what you come up with for the fondant cake. Make Duff proud and use some explosives in there.

The Hughes Family said...

I am so impressed...that cake looks wonderful! If the fondant does taste good let me know I would love a good fondant

Tamar and Trevor said...

I love the rose color choice!

Camille English said...

That is amazing! good job I wish you lived closer and I could sample all these goodies for you!

Shayla said...

Your amazing! that looks really good and tasty too.

Henderson Family said...

That looks amazing. It makes me want to take a cake decorating class too. Wow!!!

Emily said...

I am quite impressed. I am stumped on how to create those frosting roses. Thank you so much for posting your cake pics. It makes me feel like I am kind of not missing your cool semester. I really look forward to seeing your fondant cakes. So, as you know I am so disappointed that I didn't get to take a cake decorating class with you. I looked one up here in Washington and today I am heading over to JoAnn's to sign up! Just level one, we don't even get to do fondant, that's like level three or something! :) I miss you Linds.

Karina & John Calderwood said...

I dont see anything horrible about that cake!

Erin said...

WOw!!! That is amag LInds! What on earth can't you do, I mean honestly??? I am so uber impressed it's not even funny!!! Miss you girl!

Anonymous said...

You're my hero. If that fondant recipe doesn't taste bad, will you share it with us?

Meagan Zastrow said...

What a fun class. The cake looks great.

The Kunz Family said...

Okay first of all I am totally jealous of your new talent. Second of all that cake looks sooooo yummy, i'm seriously craving some chocolate right now:)

Erin said...

Have you and Heather thought about getting your own show on HGTV? I mean you could do parties...and decorate houses...and make people over...and play the flute.

Marilyn & Steve said...

How cool are you?! I love the cake! It really looks like it would taste good, too! I love the colors and the roses. You get more and more like your mother every day!
Very humbly yours,
Mom!

Jenni said...

You are amazing!

The Olligschlager Family said...

I really picked a crappy semester to leave!