Thursday, January 22, 2009

Where have I been?


visited 33 states (66%)
Create your own visited map of The United States or try another Douwe Osinga project

I saw this on a friend's blog and thought that it looked fun, obviously I need to do a little East Coast Traveling. Who knows, maybe Riley's internship will be out there... We would really love to go to the East!

11 comments:

Porter Family said...

I think you only beat me because you went on that fabulous trip with the fam through the great campsites of the midwest. When were you in Michigan, Kentucky, and Indiana, though? I should have been there for those trips, I think.

Porter Family said...

I just did mine and I've been to 30 states. North Dakota and South Dakota shouldn't count, because really, who lives there anyway? I say we take a trip to the east coast and visit Tamar and we'll have all but Alaska and Hawaii done! What do you say, sister?

The Crebs Family said...

I have been places without you sis...like it or not, I am just 3 states cooler than you. I have been to Detroit...Ghetto fabulous! And in high school when I went on a cruise with Dana we drove through Indiana and Kentucky on our way to Miami. Drive-thru's count right?

Tamar and Trevor said...

Come visit anytime. We could really use some family. The East coast has lots of fun stuff to do. When will Riley do his internship?

Camille English said...

Nooo! Your suppose to come to Spokane for Riley's internship! I'm not going to do a map Mine would be very sad compared to yours, I'd probably only have less than 10 but I do have Hawaii so I beat you there.

Campbells said...

HI! I want to say how cute your little girl's hair is, adorable!!!! Da had a nice talk with Riley the other day all about grad school, and I thought if you ever want to talk about how grad school is from a wife's point of view, give me a call! I would love to chat and catch up and also answer any questions you would have about grad school too! Lets face it, if your husband is going trough grad school it is going to affect you too! I love your blog!
Love nikki

Anonymous said...

Okay, I resent that crack about North Dakota *hands on hips* I lived there! I grew UP there! And while NoDak isn't as well travelled as say, South Dakota (Mt. Rushmore...) it's still a cool place. The only thing to do is camp, but Theodore Roosevelt National Park is there... And hey, if North Dakota was good enough for Teddy Roosevelt... ;-)

Anyway, I'm off my soapbox now. Your map is amazing, mine wasn't half that well populated. But, I didn't count drive throughs...

Porter Family said...

Bud said, "Yeah, but Lindsay lives in Rexburg now, so that's like minus 12 states." He's just a tad jealous because he's only been to 17 and a majority of those have come from driving here and living here. :)

Erin said...

Well, good grief. I've only been to 30 - and that's counting layovers in Chicago, St. Paul, and Atlanta. I agree that North and South Dakota shouldn't count and neither should Delaware (even though I've totally been there) because I barely knew I was in the state before I drove out of it. Come to think of it, if we are using that rationale, Maryland, Vermont, Conneticut, New Hampshire, and Rhode Island shouldn't count either.

I also think I should get extra points because I've driven across the ENTIRE state of Texas, which is roughly the same distance as from the earth to the sun although marginally more boring.

Karina & John Calderwood said...

Let me know how your real deals is! They are all independently owned so they are all different. I sent my mom to one that was 1.5 hours away and she said it was TINY...had some cute stuff but TINY. Lewiston's is HUGE. Have fun....and make sure you have enough time. Ours plays this really calming music and there is SO much stuff that I spend WAY too much time in there (especially when Kelsi stays at home with her daddy)

The Hansen Family said...

Yeah, I hear D.C. is a great place, with lots of internship possibilities.