Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ava's Sassy New Look


So last week I was so sick of Ava's hair. It is just flat and has no body what-so-ever! It also rats really badly in the back, and I was sick of it, so I asked her if she wanted a hair cut, and she was like, "OKAY!!" (She always gets jealous when Riley gets his cut and she doesn't, so I have to pretend to cut hers too, with the clippers just like daddy.) So I chopped her hair off for the second time in her little life! These pictures aren't very good, but she now has an A-line haircut, so it is short in the back and then just looks like a bob from the front. It is so easy to take care of! It will be interesting to see how long I can get away with it, before she has an opinion about her hair and wants it to be all long and "princessy"....Oh I am not looking forward to that day!

11 comments:

PaulandSteph said...

You are braver than me! Mckenzie's hair has never been cut and she gets such bad tangles in the back, especially when she sleeps on it, and I have to hold her down to brush her hair, but I just can't bring myself to cut it, I think I would cry!

Marilyn & Steve said...

Well, Sassy is right! She's SO STINKIN CUTE (to borrow a phrase from Aunt Heather...) Anyway, I love the new do! What a doll! Love it, love it, love it!
Gramma Jamma!

Erin said...

Did you go to beauty school or are you just that talented??

Porter Family said...

You have such mad skills. Did you use your standard 7 inch comb during this particular haircut? :)

Stephanie said...

The hair looks cute, way to go girl!

I love your stingray story from your earlier post, it made me laugh!

The Crebs Family said...

I did spend a year after I got my associated degree and went to beauty school. And yes, I used my standard 7 incher for this do too!

Erin said...

You Griffitts girls never cease to amaze. I guess the next question is, do you travel to do hair? I mean, I was just thinking that you probably want to take a nice vacation down to Beaumont to play on the hurricane ravaged beaches...

The Olligschlager Family said...

cute!! We miss you guys

Sokimna said...

Lindsay, I love it! She looks like a litte teen. I love, Ava!

Karina & John Calderwood said...

She looks like a sassy mama. I love that haircut, but I think my hair would look like a poof since I have so much of it.

Ashli Brown said...

very cute cut for the cutest little girl!