So this morning while I was sitting in class, I found myself thinking..."What grade am I in?" I could have sworn I was back in Kindergarten today. We were all sitting in a circle and our desks were uncomfortably close to each other to begin with. Then the girl sitting next to me, who looked perfectly hygienic and normal started picking her nose. We are not talking a casual rub of the nose or flick of the thumb, we are talking pointer finger half way up her nostril. She was TOTALLY digging. I was so grossed out, but I didn't know what to do. We were in the middle of a class discussion and I was totally distracted. I thought, should I raise my hand when she starts and then for sure she would stop because people would look in our direction....I even just thought about asking her to stop. I really needed to figure out a nice way to make her stop. Then she starts flinging them off the edge of her desk, which is about a centimeter from mine. It was getting worse. She was not stopping and so I looked at her and cleared my throat about three times, hoping to signal to her that I knew what she was doing and maybe she would stop. Well she stopped flicking them off the side of the desk close to me, BUT THEN SHE STARTED WIPING THEM UNDER THE DESK! Really I could not believe what was happening. I tried so hard to figure out ways to make the madness stop. If I had a Kleenex I would have offered her one, but I didn't and I couldn't think of any other nice way to tell her to please stop picking her nose and wiping it under the desk....at least she could have wiped it on herself or something, but not on public property that I had to use! So I endured a very painful hour of class next to the nose picker. Then when we are done we are supposed to put the desks back in rows. Well she didn't move hers, and I had to! I was so grossed out about touching the desk I couldn't believe it. The worst part is those desks get shuffled around daily and now I am going to be paranoid about sitting in the booger desk...AND who knows how many of those desks she has done that to! The irony is that this whole class is about parenting...so she is going to be raising a bunch of nose pickers! Yuck! Kindergarten, maybe...College, you really should know better.
10 years ago


7 comments:
are you kidding me??? Thanks for the laugh...bring some wipes with you...then you will be known as the clean freak I guess and someone will blog about you! HA! By the way, you should enter Ava in the Sabby Baby contest. I entered Kelsi...check out my blog or go to shabbyapple.com. Ava is def Shabby material. If Kelsi doesn't win, I want someone super cute to win. All of the models on their site look 2+ years....GO FOR IT!!!
That was so funny! I'm still laughing about it! Oh Linds you crack me up! I'm so thankful she didn't flick one on your paper or else you would have had to copy your notes all over again! I don't know what would be worse a booger picker or a roommate who doodles on your science notes! You tell me!! I love you girl!!
I agree with Karina on entering Ava. She is perfect shabby material. Sorry about the nose picker episode...very disgusting.
All I can say is "Oh, MAN!!!" And I thought the third grade girl doing that was gross! WRONG!!! I guess I just have to count my blessings!
Gramma (or, Grampa, to Ava!)
Well, you could get all grossed out next time and throw up on her... Then say "Oh, sorry, weak stomach, you know!" Maybe then she'd think twice before picking while close to other people!
Mom
Oh my word! This was totally me at a class I had to go to today for work - I have a cold and kept having to stick kleenexes up my nose. I think that the lady next to me was grossed out. She kept turning away from me and eyeing my rapidly growing pile of kleenex as if to say, "Is there any way you could remove your snot rags??"
Of course, I didn't pick my nose, but it's pretty close.
Lol...tha't gross and it made think of my dad at the same time. My dad uses one hand to cup his nose and the other hand to pick it. I'm like dad...that's gross, as if we don't know what you're doing under there!
Post a Comment