Today Ava got to take her first trip to the dentist. I'm not gonna lie, she didn't like all the people looking in her mouth. They just got an exam and flouride done. But it was a good first visit. Her dentist is great. He is a pediatric dentist and LOVES kids. He gave me a lot of great pointers on keeping her teeth from getting cavities, and the best news is, all her teeth are now it (molars and all)...NO MORE TEETHING FOR 4 1/2 YEARS! I love it! She has been teething since she was three months old, so it is a relief.
In the first picture she was looking in the "Princess Mirror" they called it. She loves mirrors! Then in the picture below she was getting her hand tickled by the tooth tickler. She liked it on her hand, and kept wanting more, but as soon as the Hygienist put it near her mouth she was like, "Uhmm....No!" Oh well, maybe in 6 more months she'll like it a little more. :) I can't believe how fast she is growning up! Less than 4 months to her second birthday! I just want her to slow down a little...but I love this stage, she is such a great little buddy!


8 comments:
Wow your on the ball, we still havent taken Keegan to the dentist yet and we need to.
hooray ava! she is growing up so fast! I'm glad she liked the dentist and for someone her age she got a lot done. We should meet in IF sometime and go to dinner or lunch or something. see ya!
We always knew Ava was a brave girlie! That is cute that they call the little mirror a princess mirror. I bet it was fun watching her discover things about going to the dentist! You are a good mom, Lindsay!
I am sure Trevor is very proud of her!
OH, what a cutie! I'm busy learning all kinds of neat gramma tricks at school, so we'll have plenty of fun things to do together to forget the bad old dentist!
Love you guys!
Gramma Jamma!
Wow you are on the ball my friend!! I'm very impressed! Way to go Ava! I'm not looking forward to Cam's first appointment at all! Hopefully we will be uo there again soon! We were supposed to come up the last 2 weeks. It was Cam's B-day on the 12th and we wanted to go up there and celebrate it with his fam. We've been holding off because of that but I guess this weekend we are finally celebrating it! Poor kiddo! So long story short I'm hoping we can see you guys soon!
Wow she is so big! It made me a little choked up taking Brooklyn to her first appointment! I love checking on your blog.. it's cuter every time I check on it!!!
How awesome! What a good idea to take pics at the dentist. We have been there enough that I should have thought of that!
Post a Comment