Yesterday we wanted to do something fun, so I looked on the Internet for things to do around here, and come to find out Idaho Falls has a zoo!! We thought that Ava would love it, so we decided to take what we thought would be a "day trip" to Idaho Falls. Well, I think that Riley and I are blissfully ignorant. I don't know what kind of Zoo we thought it would be in Idaho Falls, but we were pretty, well, shocked. It was like in the middle of a park, and on like 3 acres. Riley I think hit the nail on the head when he described it as.... "An old miniature golf course that had been turned into a zoo! " We made it through the zoo in like 30 min, even with stopping and looking for a while. Ava liked it though, so that was all that mattered.
This was the otter display. I think that there were 2 otters, but we never really saw them. This is how most of the exhibits were....
The donkey was really friendly. Ava loved him, but the sign warned against petting, cause the donkeys bite!

Here is the Lion. There was a boy and a girl lion. They were huge and beautiful. It was kinda sad cause they were only on like a 1/4 of an acre. I know I sound like a dork, but we felt like we needed to free the animals!!

This was some kinda African cat. It was really hungry and the wanted to eat everything, I think it would have liked us too!

These were the pelican's home. There were a lot of other ducks in there too, and the pelicans just kept chasing the ducks. Ava thought that they were great!










7 comments:
How is it I was there 7 years and didnt know there was a zoo.
Well, I think they should rename the it the 'miniature zoo'. But at least it was the right size for Ava! Lindsay, you still crack me up! Keep having fun!
Mom
Not a bad zoo for Idaho Falls! We love our zoo here, you will have to come visit soon and we will show Ava a real zoo. We try to go once a week. I think that I like it as much as the girls do. Love ya!
lindsay , ava and riley! me and ellie miss you guys a ton. ava is growing so much and ellie is jealous of how much hair she has! you look good too lindsay. have fun! hopefully next time i come we will be able to hang out!
Lindsay!!! I was so glad you left a comment on my page. Your little girl is so darn cute!
Cute pictures. I love seeing how you are doing after all these years. You have a cute little family.
Funny...a zoo in Idaho Falls? At least the animals were close enough to see them up close.
No zoo to mention of here in Clarkston...looks pretty cool to me! :) By the way - your hair looks so cute in these pics! Oh yeah - One of my friends just had twin girls and she named them Ava and Emma! haha! I told her that I have a niece named Emma, and.....kind of another niece named Ava. :)
Post a Comment