Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Santa? Is that you?

Ava and I made our monthly trip to Winco this morning. We were cruzin' through the store and almost done. Ava had been singing and playing, and I wasn't paying much attention to what she was saying, but then she says, "Look Mom! Right There! Merry Christmas....HO HO HO!!!" She was pointing at an old man next to us with white hair and a bushy white beard. Awkward. I smiled and just kept walking. Apartently she thought he looked just like Santa Claus. Hopefully the old man had a since of humor, but I didn't see him laughing.

Then we went to another store to buy some household items. I was looking for laundry detergent, and they were out of the kind that I usually buy, so this old lady in one of those celestial cruisers, stopped and asked me if I needed help. I told her I was just comparing prices and scents and things. She gave me a nice warning about how cheaper isn't really cheaper and to buy the most expensive kind. I smiled and said thank you. I continued looking and then she told me about toilet paper. She explained that she only has to use 4 squares of Charmin, and some of the cheaper kind she uses up to 11 squares! I was in a little bit of shock and didn't really want to think about this lady using toilet paper. Luckly, I am a bath tissue snob and had some Charmin in my cart, I raised it up and smiled. She was proud of me and went on to bother the next customer comparing prices.


7 comments:

Porter Family said...

How did the santa guy not smile?? what happened to the jolly old elf? sheesh. I can't wait until you're the old lady in the cart. that will be hilarious.

The Olligschlager Family said...

We have old guy out here who i see all the time and everytime he is wearing a Santa t shirt. One has said that I am Santa. I feel like we are so close but yet so far away! I am glad that you have someone to fill my spot in helping you out with their advice in the grocery department. I do miss our grocery dates! They were awesome! I hope you got Adam's special pic.

Hilarie* said...

Well darn it!! We went to Winco this afternoon!!! But we didn't see Santa! You lucky duck!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! That lady was something else. I love how you referred to yourself as a "bath tissue snob" not a "toilet paper snob" that was cute.

Emily said...

LOL thanks for sharing your shopping adventures. It is almost tragic when funny things happen and there is no one there to laugh with! These stories are even funnier when I read it in your "voice"!

The Hughes Family said...

Hey Lindsey I was just going to let you know that my sister found this website that makes your blog into a book. Hers was about 80 pages and ended up costing around 50 dollars. She said it turned out really nice. I love the idea because your blog is your little journal. Its www.blurb.com
Check it out!

Erin said...

I am also a Charmin snob. And, I where I work I get ladies like that all the time telling me things I really don't need to know. Like the color of their snot. I DO NOT NEED TO KNOW THAT.