Monday, March 16, 2009

2nd time around


So 6 months later Ava ventured back to the dentist for her regular cleaning and check up (aren't you proud of me Jenni :) This time she did exceptionally well. They got in a whole cleaning and flossing, fluoride foam, and a great exam. She was a trooper. They let her watch Tinkerbell, and wear headphones so that helped. That is why she is staring at the TV on the ceiling in this picture. It is amazing how much they grow up in just 6 months. Last time they could hardly do anything.
I think, however, she must have swallowed a bit too much of something because when we were done and scheduling her next cleaning she started throwing up, so I had to run her in the bathroom. Poor girl. Now all she remembers from the dentist is "Ava choked in the potty!" She got to use her token to get a ring out of the toy machines though, and that made her all better!

6 comments:

Porter Family said...

"I choke, I choke!" BLUGHHHH. Poor little girl. I'm glad a little bling made it all better. At least she didn't squirt water all over her lap and look like she wet her pants. That would have been embarrassing.

Tamar and Trevor said...

What a big girl! You are so good to take her to the dentist! My girls did not go until Emma got her two front teeth knocked out and she was 4!!!

Henderson Family said...

Way to go Ava!!! She's already ahead of KM in dental cleanings.

Camille English said...

Aren't dentists offices awesome these days. THey are so entertaining all the girls do really well, if you consider Kendal screaming good but by screaming she opens her mouth and they get things done sooo.. Anyways good job Ava!

Marilyn & Steve said...

What a trooper! Keep up the good work, and keep those pearly whites pearly white!
Gramma!

Karina & John Calderwood said...

I was going to write and ask you not to tell Trevor that I haven't taken Kelsi to the doctor yet, but then I saw Tamar's comment!....I know they will charge me full price even though Kelsi won't let them do anything, so I am waiting until she is AT LEAST two. Ava is such a good girl!