
What a great weekend! I love General Conference weekends. They are full of traditions, educations, spiritual upliftment, I love it! So here are some pictures from this weekend. Between Conference sessions we took a walk to the temple, that is like a block away. It was really nice. Really windy, but sunny. This is a view from the top of the temple looking down on our little town of Rexburg. On our walk back home I told Riley, " This place isn't so bad....Rexburg is a nice little town." I thought it was an enlightment in my life and I was really trying to be sincere...Riley soon followed with, "Give it another month, you won't think so anymore." Meaning winter will set in for the next 8 months :) Oh well.

Ava loved to just run around. She was so cute!

She loves being thrown in the air.


This next picture looks like she is running in the flowers, but don't worry. There is a nice little bark path she is on.





Now a few tradtions....Cooking! Breakfast burritos on Saturday and then when the "men of the house" are at priesthood session the "women of the house" make cinnamon rolls to eat the next morning. Well since Ava and I are the only "women" in the house thus far, I made a change and made Cinnamon pull aparts instead. I thought it would be easier for Ava to help with. We had a blast! Here are a few pictures of our cute little cook!

Transfering icing from one bowl to another and making a great mess!

"Mom..you mean a milk cap wasn't in the recipe? That's wierd..."

KISS THE COOK!

Check out my cool cooking duds....Jealous?

Here is the finished product....Hot Chocolate and Cinnamon pull aparts. It was so fun! I love cooking with Ava. It was great to eat something that we made together that was SO good!

Like I said...I love this weekend!! I love my family!
Here is a little video from this morning when we made the icing.
12 comments:
Man, she sure is serious when she cooks. Your genetics certainly came through in her. I can't wait for the video when she makes banana boats. Your pull-aparts look phenomenal! I can't believe it is cold enough for hot chocolate. Sooooo not fair.
Seriously cute chef outfit for Ava. And those pull aparts yummo. Cold enough for hot chocolate not fair, i thought i would never say that but last year i had no need for it ever, it was so sad. Great pics!
So cute Lindsay!
Man, Lindsay! You're like Molly Stewart (Martha's much better LDS sister). Seriously!
Ava looked way cute in that chef outfit, and I love that she's so intent on getting the icing into the other bowl. So cute!
I'd love to "borrow" your recipe for those pull-aparts! They look amazing!
-Aubri-
I LOVE that she is helping you!! Cam's mouth was watering when he saw his girl can cook! I think he's even more in love than ever! You are awesome in keeping up with your tradition. Might I add that your traditions look delicious! Take Care you!
First of all, beautiful pictures at the Temple. The colors are SO pretty!!! Ava is just a doll in her chef outfit. How can you RESIST not kissing her all day long???
ok...P.S....it is known in my family that I do not like cinnamon rolls...to tell you the truth, I can't remember ever eating one(I guess I just got used to telling everyone that I didn't like them and I stuck with it)...and the other day I made the pillsbury kind for John (why slave when I won't eat them) and they smelled so good...I almost tried one...then I thought "if you like them then that's one more fattening thing that you will want to eat all the time". So I didn't try them. Your pull aparts are having me rethink my decision....
I love the picture where Riley is throwing Ava. It looks like Ava is falling out of the sky!
Again, "What a doll"! Oh, my goodness, her cooking video is the best! She was too happy to say "bu-bye" and get that camera out of her face so she could do some serious 'cooking'!
Love you guys!
Gramma Jamma!
Wow those were really cute pictures!!! I enjoyed seeing them. Hey it started snow flaking today!!! Its coming!!! :)
I am glad you posted this! I love Conference Weekend too. I like your family traditions. You're a good mom, Lindsay, you make everything fun and feel-goodish! I laughed at the picture of Ava showing off her cooking attire. She is hilarious! She can pull some awesome poses. :)
lindsay! i love your blog and your family! ava is so cute! i'm so glad we get to be in primary together! that cinnamon cake looks yummy!
Post a Comment