Wednesday, September 5, 2007

We made it!

Well just letting everyone know, we made it to Rexburg. Riley is still in a little culture shock, and Ava still hasn't figured out what the heck is going on. We unloaded the truck on Saturday and then drove down to see Riley's family for a few days. Then we got here yesterday and I think that Riley thought....what the heck did I just do. I moved my family to this place! Then today we went on campus to get everything in line for school and he saw one of his mission buddies and got to know campus a little. He actually started smiling again. The best part was when we went to get his ID card we walked by the bookstore and there was a sign that said "Apple Authorized Dealer". He said the church really is true. They have Mac store. So we went in and looked at all the new mac stuff...the new iMacs, the new iPod touch and all the new iPods. He was happy again, and so I think that we will make it in Rexburg after all!! :) Pictures will come when we actually unpack and organize!!! fun fun!

2 comments:

Tamar and Trevor said...

We are glad that you made it. We miss you guys so much! Emma and Abby like to look at the blog to see pictures of Ava. Love ya!

Marilyn & Steve said...

I think Rexburg has that 'stunning' effect on most people the first time they see it! I know I wondered how I had managed to fall off the edge of the world without noticing after we pulled into the place the first time! Way to hang in there, Riley!