Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The New Place

I know it has taken forever...but here are pictures of our new home. It is tiny...a whopping 700 square feet!! Needless to say we have had to get rid of a lot of stuff...(a couch, dining room set, a few dressers, our washer and dryer!) and a lot of other junk. So we actually have enjoyed cleaning out and getting rid of a lot of stuff that just looks cluttered. There are still a few boxes here and there and I had to be creative with storage because there is none so there are a lot of plastic containers posing as tables.... but we are happy to have a little place to call our own.

This is part of the living room. We had to split it up into a TV and play area and an office area. So this is where Ava spends most her time playing with all her toys, that are in her toy bin now cause she's asleep! But usually there are toys and blankets everywhere. She likes to make a mess!

Here is our kitchen. It is nice and open, especially now that we got the extra couch and dresser out of it! Ava likes to crawl around while I cook and do the dishes, so that is nice, there is lots of crawling space.

Here is what we call the dining area :) Thanks to IKEA we found a little table that we could squeeze in and some stools to sit on. I don't know what we are going to do when Ava outgrows the highchair, but we will think of something.

These are our latest projects...more plants. I love plants and we are poor, so we thought why not have plants with things we like on them.... So we naively started growing an Avocado and Mango tree for inside. We have to start over, because after doing a little research I found out that mango trees are HUGE and I didn't plant the avocado tree right. I guess you need to let the pit grown without soil for a while. We probably should have googled it earlier, but oh well. So now we are going to replant the avocado and try for a meyer lemon tree instead of a mango!
**Note the plants are currently on a nice box. It is my extra salon chair that I have no room for...and until it sells, it will be a nice plant table!!

here is another picture of the living room, from the kitchen.

And here is the other part of the living room, the office area. One good thing about having to sell all our stuff was that Riley got me a new toy!! I got my own iMac! I love it and it is great for pictures and music. That is the great thing about having a computer genius for a husband! He loves to buy electronic stuff!! We got the desk at IKEA too, and the great thing about it is that the side slides out so you have a huge work area, and then when you are done and don't have room, you slide it back under...man I love that store!!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

So cute! i'm a little jealous of your own apartment. i would love 700 sq feet to call my own. thanks for the tips earlier. i am much happier with the layout. i love your table too! Avalooks great. we miss you guys

Jenni said...

i forgot to tell you how fabulous your bangs look in your picture! i'm jealous!

Meagan Zastrow said...

The new house looks nice and cute. I love your ambition with the plants, I like having plants but I don't think they would survive very long with me. We do have a fish that we have kept alive for a few months but that is mainly because Brent is incharge of the feeding of it.

Marilyn & Steve said...

Well, at least you have windows! I recall having to stand on a chair to see out the tiny basement window in our first cramped apartment! (See, when you are old you can actually turn your early misfortune into bragging rights!) We miss you guys! (But, boy, have I been getting compliments on my hair EVERYWHERE!) We'll have to schedule another appointment some time!
Mom

Tamar and Trevor said...

Linds, the house looks great!!! Of course I am not suprised. You have a great sense of style. I could use a little help. I have three things on my walls becasue I just can't decide what I want to do so I have not done anything. I know what you mean about IKEA. We love having on close by. They have a set of baskets that I have my eye on.