Thursday, May 13, 2010

Word Police


Ava has this thing with being in charge....SHE LOVES IT! She is not affraid to tell us how she really feels about certain things, and that her ideas might just be a tad bit better than ours. She is really an independent bossy little love.
Recently we have been working on vocabulary and words that are okay to say, and words that don't make others feel very good. We have also been working on using nice voices, and not being whiny.
Some of you may have ready this on facebook the other day, but for those who didn't here is a sample of her "in-chargeness"
We woke up to snow all over everything. I was mad and I was talking to Riley in the hallway while getting ready to go to class. I said, "I hate the snow!" and I may have been whining a little when I said it.
Ava pipes up from the living room: "Mom we don't say hate! Say sorry to the snow!"
I of course had to apologize to the snow, because I can't be a hypocrite, that will teach her nothing after all.
She does this to people all the time. Even guest in our home. It gets a bit embarrassing.

Today was funny though. We were playing in her room and I remembered that I forgot to do something and said, "Dang it!"
Ava says to me: "Mommy we don't say Dang it!"
Me: "Sorry Ava, how about Darn it?"
Ava: "Nope, we don't say Darn it either Mom."
Me: "Okay Ava well what can I say?"
Ava: "Mommy you can say...YES! In your happy voice!" (all while smiling and batting her eyelashes at me)
So not only does she dictate what we are allowed to say in our home, but now how we say it...Oh dear, what a funny girl we have!


Here is a cute little video of Viv eating a Popsicle the other day (This is what made me think...there must be a less messy way of eating a Popsicle...hence the bath tub!)

7 comments:

The Olligschlager Family said...

I am glad you apologized to the snow! I mean it is around a lot over there so I guess you mine as well get along LOL! Ava sounds just darling. I think of her a lot because Noah is obsessed with closing doors, buckling the car seat and washing his hands. She must have rubbed off on him when he was lil.
Oh Viv you are so cute too! I am glad you enjoyed your Popsicle.

Camille English said...

So funny and Viv is so sweet! hearing Riley's voice make me miss you guys even more, when are you coming to CDA again?

Brittney said...

You have such beautiful daughters!!! That is so funny what Ava said to you. What a funny girl!!! At least you know she's learning something about how to be nice and not whine:)

The Hughes Family said...

I would NOT have apoligized to that DANG snow! It is the middle of MAY.:( bleck ;)

GiGi said...

Love this post. Kids are so funny and your little girls are adorable! They are lucky to have such great parents!

Ashley said...

That is so stinkin' funny! {we don't say stinkin'} I mean it is SUPER HAPPY funny! =) haha. I can't wait until my kids start talking. Ava is the best! What a good little girl. Good job.

Ashley said...

It's ok Linda...

{just kidding, you called me Ashley}