This weekend my friend Jenni and I ran in a race. It was a lot of fun. We didn't come in first, but we didn't come in last either....so we were happy. It was the first one for both of us and it won't be the last. We are planning for a triathlon next summer. I can't wait! The morning started out really cold, but it warmed up really quickly and by the end of the race we were roasting! It turned out to be a beautiful day to run.
We had a great time! We were talking about how just a few years ago we were two single girls living in a haunted bungalow on Hayden Lake together! :) We didn't have a care in the world and not to mention we went shopping all the time! Now we both have 1 year old girls, a lot more responsibilities and a lot less disposable income! (and at least Jenni still has cute clothes!)
Thanks Jenni it was a lot of fun and until next year.....


10 comments:
Congrats on your first race! I have tried to take up running the last couple weeks as well, but I suck at it. You are an inspiration!
Linds, I am so proud of you. I could never get my hair to look as good as yours after running. How do you do it? Please tell me. :) Love, Heather
You go girls! You are my heroes! I am so happy that you set a big goal, achieved it, and set another one for follow-up! Riley is one LUCKY GUY! (but I think he knows that already - it never hurts to be reminded, though...)
Rock on....
Gramma Jamma!
Fun! What was that the summer of 2005? The boat dance where you and Riley fell in love, Justin West's dancing skills displayed to all, Scott(nuff said),The BEACH! Good times. We should have a reunion! (minus the Scott)
Camille you are hilarious! I love it. Yes that was our golden summer in Coeur d'Alene. When Kendal was our little mascot. Things change so fast! I am all for a reunion!!
First of all, I think it is so awesome that you're running races. You are such a neat person, Lindsay! I like how you do life. :)
Second of all, I agree with Heather, why the heck do you look so cute after you just RAN a RACE?
Cute new background, by the way.
A couple of months ago I got motivated and ran probably half a mile early one morning. It was the first time I had run in about 2 years. I almost threw up and was sore for a week.
Needless to say, I didn't try that again. Congratulations on your race and your health conscious motivation. Meanwhile, pass me the chips and the remote. Maybe I'll run again in another 2 years.
I'm sorry that we missed each other again! I was going run the Teton Marathon and then decided that I was too lazy to put the work into it! Nice Jobs Linds! I'm proud of you!! Hopefully we will be up there again soon enough so we can FINALLY get the kids together to play.
Way to go. I am not sure I could ever run that much. It sounds like you are doing good things and staying busy. You look great too. I can't wait until I can have my body back.
Way to go girls!!! I have never done this, but plan on it soon. Next year you can come up and do the Hayden Sprint triathalon with us. Half mile swim, 12 mile bike, 3 mile run. Come join us. We all need more people to help motivate us.
Post a Comment