Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Superbowl Sunday!

SO... Sunday we thought it would be so fun to have friends over and have a little Superbowl party. We invited some friends, and they don't follow sports much either, but thought it was a good excuse to have a party, so they were in and said they would invite some friends. The plan was so have some food and play some games and just happen to have the Superbowl on in the background, since that was the excuse for the party. Well Sunday morning Emily called and said..."We are so excited to come over, but did you know the Superbowl isn't today?" I guess the other couple they invited actually watch sports and so they knew it wasn't Superbowl Sunday. They even knew which teams will be playing in the Superbowl! Amazing huh.
Well we got a good laugh and had a fun party anyway! I guess we will just have to have another one this weekend! :)
I thought that my family, being the fanatics about sports that they are, would find that especially funny. I guess I didn't get that gene. Oh well, I still like parties!

1 comments:

Marilyn & Steve said...

Ahhh, Lindsay, Lindsay, Lindsay! How unlike your mother you are...NOT! I so wouldn't have known it wasn't superbowl Sunday if your Dad hadn't mentioned that to me! And, I see that you "aren't" like me in another way, too - my current favorite book is "the Idiot's Guide to Learning Spanish"! We really are related!
Love you guys! (and Ava's balloon hat!)
Mom