Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sisters!

I am so in love with having two little girls. Ava loves Viviann and I think so far, the feeling is mutual. I know Viv is only a week old, and smiles aren't really suposed to happen for a while, but it seems like when Ava is around she either can feel all the love and lets out a smile, or gets bad gas. Either way, it is really cute.



Vivi is such a great baby. She sleeps great and eats great. What more could I ask for? I am getting used to two kids, it is hard to not be able to give my full attention to Ava and I miss my time with her, but we love Vivi so much and our little family feels a little more complete.

The delivery went well. I had a goal to go natural this time. Everyone, including Riley didn't know why on earth I would want to, and it is hard to explain. I guess it is an experience that not everyone gets to have, and I didn't want to pass it up. I don't know that I was prepared, I didn't take classes or anything, I just figured my body would know what to do. It was very painful, and I felt like giving up a lot, but we made it through. Riley was the best partner I could have asked for. It was a great experience for both of us. I don't know if I will do it again without drugs...still too soon and I haven't forgotten enough of the pain, but it was a good experience.
Contractions started at 4 in the morning on Tuesday. I went to the doctor for my check up and was dilated to a 3. I went back home and finished out the day. Then that night the contractions were stronger and I called my doula, Sara. She came over and hung out that night at the house with me and Riley. I wanted to labor at home as much as possible, cause it is just more comfortable than in a hospital. So after a long night and little sleep she checked me Wednesday morning and I was dilated to a 7. We decided to go to the hospital. Everyone thought the baby would be here in no time. Well 8 hours later I was STILL at a 7!! I was so ready to give up, get some drugs and take a nap until this baby was going to come out, but I didn't and a she was born a few hours later at 4:49 p.m.
Now we are having fun adjusting to our new family and loving every minute of Viv's little life. I have learned with Ava that it goes by WAY too fast.

16 comments:

Hogg Family said...

Congrats on the new addition! She's a beauty. So cute that Ava has been so welcoming of her and loving her already!

Rob & Linder said...

I am happy for you. Linda did several of our daughters without grugs and natural. I am still amazed by that.
There pictures are cute and They do grow fast.

Campbells said...

She is precious! I love having two girls as well, its so much fun! And you will continue to love it as they grow and build their own sweet freindship. I can not believe you went natural.....crazy!!! I would never dream of doing that! :)

Anonymous said...

Such cute girls... :-) Congratulations, you're a super-hero!

Porter Family said...

Holy Hannah, those are adorable! I love my nieces. I'm glad she's such a good baby and that Ava loves her. I think Vivi really is smiling when Ava is around. How could she not? Miss your guts. Happy moving this weekend.

Emily and Mike said...

Congratulations!!! They are both so adorable! When are you headed back to Rexburg?

Emily said...

These pictures are so precious. I am so proud of you for delivering her with out an epidural. You are one tough mommy. I liked how you said that you did it because it is an experience that most people don't get, that is a good point! Plus having a doula probably rocked. I am even more excited to see you and your girls now that I have seen these cute pics. I am here in Rexburg to help you, ok! :) Ava can come play so that you can sleep when Viviann sleeps.

Quinn, Amanda, Reggie and Orrin said...

Congrats again both of you! Viviann is adorable. Ava is so cute with her. I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to see you here in Rexburg Soon! Let me know if I can do anything to help you? I am not working anymore and would love to have Ava over for a play date.

The Cornett Family said...

So adorable!!! Congratulations!!! Great job on natural birth! Don't worry about next time though, though you think that you'll never forget that kind of pain, after a few months, you'll catch yourself saying, "yeah, I could do that again" though during labor I especially thought the entire time, "WHY the HECK would anyone do this?!?!" Great job on the MANY hours of hard labor!!!!!!!

The Hughes Family said...

She is such a Beautiful Baby...I havent figured out who she looks like yet...Im leaning more towards Riley but Im going to have to see more pics! I LOVE that Ava loves her sister sooo much...My sis just had a baby and she had a three yr old already and her 3 year old is not a fan, my sis cant leave the room because he likes to go over and punch the baby. So im glad Ava likes her! COngrats on the natural birth! You should be proud of yourself for going through that! I on the other hand do not have any desire to want to have a natural birth...I have c-secs and i am COMPLETLY fine with them!
Well Im glad you guys are enjoys Viv...By the way I LOVE the name! It was a good choice and I also loved the meaning! Congrats once again, I seriously couldnt be happier for both of you...you guys are the cutest family EVER!

Meagan Zastrow said...

What a beautiful little baby and I love the explaination of the name, it is beautiful, and vivi is a cute nickname. Ava looks so happy to be a big sister. We miss you guys, Atlas still asks about "Eva" all the time. Love you guys.

Erin said...

Congratulations you guys!!! She is so adorable!! I love those pictures!! When we come back up to Rexburg we will have to do another photoshoot of the two girls!! You are such a trooper my friend! No drugs you rock or are off your rocker I still can't decide : ) I am so glad that you are all doing well and she is FINALLY here!! Yay!!!

Erin said...

I hope, hope, hope I have at least two little girls. Every girl needs a sister.

Karina & John Calderwood said...

She SERIOUSLY could not be any cuter. Nice work guys, nice work.

PaulandSteph said...

Congrats guys! She is soo cute! It's so nice that Ava loves her so! And no drugs? Holy cow Lindsey, you are a viking!

Henderson Family said...

She is so adorable with all that dark hair. I can tell that Ava loves her. There is something that makes me excited when I hear of another woman who decided to go natural after experiencing a delivery with an epidural, because that's what I did too. I'm so glad you did it and didn't give up. It is so empowering. You are amazing!!! Congratulations again on your adorable little girl. Viviann and Ava are two lucky girls to have you for a mommy.