Friday, August 21, 2009

Summer Time and Family Time!

Here are a few pictures from the last month...
First is Miss Ashlyn in all her sass and glory. She was a kick to have around. Ava still talks about her cousin Ashlyn and how she will be back soon. They played at "Grandma Shar's Park" (as Ava refers to my grandma's backyard) a lot on the hot days.
Speaking of hot days....this was a little moment that hurt a lot. I put the popsicle in my mouth and then opened a few other ones for some other people. I guess I held it on my lips too long, and I was stuck! It took a little while to get free but I managed with only a little lip casualty.
Here is Tweedle dee and Tweedle dum....in their matching PJs and bed head.
...and similar outfits....
Arts and Crafts time at Art on the Green
A cute one of Ava being a goof.
And Mr. Payson. He loved the photobooth on the computer. He is such a smarty pants and can figure anything out...even computers.
Except he couldn't figure out how to get Ava to cooperate while taking pictures. Better luck next time Payson.
I don't have pictures from the wedding yet, but I did get a picture of the cake. This was my first official wedding cake. It took a few days to make because I am pregnant and slow, but it was a lot of fun and pretty tasty. I was glad it didn't tip over or anything. It was a great learning experience and a lot of fun to look at and think, "I actually did it!" Congrats Darb and Lyle!

So that is it for now. I have a week to go till I am a mother of two and I am nervous about that. Life is so easy with one little girl, but we are getting really excited. Riley gets to come home tomorrow and work remotely for the last two weeks of his internship. We are so happy and can't wait!! I have been doing a lot of "crafty" things to keep busy while I am waiting for the new baby. Ava is so excited and wants her little sister to come now! We still haven't decided on a name officially. We thought that we had, but then we thought of another and couldn't chose between the two, and then we thought of another! So who knows what this baby girl will be named, but she will be loved by her big sister!

It has been a fun and busy month and we love our family!

6 comments:

Henderson Family said...

Your poor lip!!! I can't believe how AMAZING your cake looks. I am totally impressed. I want to have that talent so bad. Too bad you're not around to teach me:) I also can't believe that you're about to have that baby. I'm sure time seems to drag on for you, but it seems like it has gone so fast. Ava's going to be such a cute big sister. I know you aren't asking for votes, but.... I REALLY like the name Devree. When I heard that name I thought it really fit perfectly with your family. The other name you came up with is really cute too though. Hopefully you'll have more girls and you can use them both:)

Porter Family said...

I laugh heartily every time I see Ava's moving head and Payson's hand. We certainly miss hanging out with you. Ashlyn still talks about Ava and the "pepperoni" cake. Thanks for teaching me how to make my own pepperonis. You're amazing. You'll be a fantastic mom of two. :)

Ashli Brown said...

Ouch! Ava is so darling! Amazing cake too! I knew you were talented but you continue to amaze me. I love both names you have posted. I have a picky husband so we are having trouble picking out our top contenders for #3.

Shayla said...

Lindsey! These pictures are adorable. Such cute kids. I love the cake. Looks like it turned out great!

Shayla said...

Lindsay- I know how to spell your name and I think I just spelled it wrong- like most other things I type =). Sorry! If I spelled it right- disregard my comment =)haha

Meagan Zastrow said...

I bet those girls had so much fun together. Wish we could have been there, we miss everyone so much. I hope you are feeling alright. Good luck with the delivery.