
We had a pretty fun filled Saturday...We woke up early, went out for some good breakfast and headed to Monterey Bay to check out the ocean side town and the killer Aquarium that everyone here talks about. Ava liked it, and there were so many cool animals. The Jellies were our favorite cause they looked so pretty.

This area was so the kids could sit and every thirty seconds or so the water rushed down over them to show what a tide looked like on a reef. She could have stayed here all day and giggled every time the water splashed over her.

She loved touching all the different star fish, crabs and sea cucumbers.

When we told her we were going to she ocean that morning, all the would say is "See Dori, See Nemo!!" So we had to make sure to see these little reef fish.


Then we headed to Santa Cruz, which was on our way back home. It is a totally hippie town were everything is natural and everyone loves everyone. It was so laid back and nice. It was a little bit of a rainy day, but still in the 70s so it was nice with the ocean breeze. We layed on the beach and Riley actually had his first "beach" experience. He has been to seattle, but that isn't really a beach at all. It was a lot of fun, and we will have to go back when it is sunny and actually get in the water!

Ava didn't lay down for long, she was too enthralled with the sand to lay down.



We took Ava on some of the boardwalk rides, and she screamed when it was time to go. She is definantly a beach bum girl.


Here are just some birds and seals that we thought were fun.

So there you go Tamar, we are enjoying our time in California! We know why you love it here so much!
7 comments:
That aquarium looks like sooo much fun. You really do look like you are enjoying your time in California. I love the beach pictures. I can't wait to take Katie Marie to the beach. I think we'll take her this summer.
what fun adventures you are having! Its too bad that southern idaho doesn't have stuff like that. miss ya!
It looks like you're having so much fun!
Hey, I need help with your plants - your cactus is dying and I don't know what to do! I think only I could kill a cactus. Here's my email address: hollyfleck@hotmail.com
I have never been this envious of a 2 year old....
We loved looking at nemo!!! Are you guys like in overload??? There is so much to do there!
I knew I loved that little girl. I want to scream every time I leave the beach too!
I love Santa Cruz, it is a total ippie town, but the best part about it, besides the beach and the fun boardwalk, is the people watching. I love to people watch and the people are so interesting there! And I love that this was Riley's first beach experience, everyone needs that. I am jealous of you in California right now, just with all the fun stuff to do!
Post a Comment