Friday, February 29, 2008

My New Hobby!

So I have taken up a new hobby. It is something that I have always loved, however, I am taking it to a whole new level...BARGAIN SHOPPING! Thanks to my sister, Heather, I have become aware of moms who blog about deals they find. I have found great coupons thanks to these blogs and today was the first day of my new life as a professional bargain shopper. First I started at Office Max where I had a coupon for Sharpie markers. I got a 12 pack of retractable markers that were regularly $21.99 for only 2 dollars!! The sales clerk was like.."That is amazing!" I think that at first she thought that I was handing her a bogus coupon, but when the computer took it she was amazed! Then it was off to the beauty supply store to get some hair products that I get for 1/2 off and it was on sale buy one get one free too! So I counted that to make me feel better and add to my success as a self proclaimed professional bargain shopper. Then off to Target for more deals! I couldn't believe it. I was in heaven. I love to shop! So from now on I will be keeping a tally of how much I have spent and how much I have saved!
So far today I spent $21.44 and if I would have paid retail it would have cost $100.44
that is a savings of ... $79.00
I have added links to my favorite money-saving blogs. I hope that you find all the joy that I have in bargain shopping!

3 comments:

Shaun said...

Well done self proclaimed professional bargain shopper! We Love the outfit, you guys rock. See you this weekend.

P.S.
To some is given the gift of believing.
To some is given the gift of tongues.
To some is given the gift of bargain shopping!

Karina & John Calderwood said...

Thank you for sharing your widsom!

Porter Family said...

I am so proud of you, Linds. You truly have a wonderful gift. Don't forget to mention that glade candle you're getting for $1 and the Johnson's bath soap we are making 1 cent on with our purchase. I can't wait to get my free bowl and spoon!

Keep the tally going. I say you get a special gift when you have saved $1000. What do you think, Riley?