Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ava's favorite place

Here are some pictures from our latest trip to the Children's museum. Ava and I spend at least 4 hours here a week. It is a lot of fun. This whole room is just different bubble exhibits, and there is a bubble that floats down from the ceiling every 15 seconds or so and Ava tries to catch every single one.

Here she is in the water exhibit. Even with the poncho on she got soaking wet, but loved it.


Little Miss Picasso.


This was her favorite by far...the sand experimenting station. We spent about an hour here. She just couldn't get enough.

And the kitchen set is a close second. She loves it.

Paint your own face station. She loved this, and I hated it, but oh well. She got paint everywhere on her shirt, on mine...It was a mess, but she was so proud. She showed everyone her face all day long. When I washed her face at night she was so sad and cried, "My paint cheeks all gone...." I felt really bad, but orange cheeks and white pillow cases are not a good mix.


Fireman Ava
And on the train ride home, she was out. She loves the museum and the train, so these days are the best for her!

13 comments:

Brad Griffitts said...

That is the coolest place ever! Heck, I would love to go there and I would spend hours there, too. Of course, Jessie would hate having to wash my face off every night. And I would definitely get paint all over my clothes as well. I want to go see that water exhibit! Love you guys. love reading the updates.

Erin said...

So cute Lindsay!! What a fun place to take kids!!! She looks like she's having so much fun!

Henderson Family said...

I remember you telling me how you wish there was kid time where you lived, but this looks way funner and I wish that there was that where we live. I love the orange cheeks. cute!!!

Unknown said...

that looks so fun! how awesome.

Sokimna said...

You guys are having a blast! The museum looks fun...where is it??? Ava is going to have a hard time coming back to Rexburg...=) We miss you guys!

Emily said...

My Suspicions are confirmed. This is the same Children's Museum that Lincoln and I went to. It looks like you got past the little ball that floats on a flow of air. Lucky! Did you see the Mother's lounge in that place? - Creepiest place I ever nursed! lol Ava is so cute! I imagine that it was fun following her around and watching her discover things. The painting thing looks awesome! Did you try the stuff too? I couldn't help try some of the activities. They looked so cool! I am glad you are having fun.

Emily said...

I have to admit that germ-aphobia was setting in at the museum though, what did you think?

The Crebs Family said...

Yes that is why we are not going this week, until all this flu stuff gets taken care of. That would be the place you could get any kind of disease imaginable! But Ava liked it. Oh well

Ronae said...

So I have to admit I and I am sure Jon woud be jealous of your museum adventure. We love childrens museums and zoos and aquariums and all hat funs stuff kids love. We are just big kids I guess!

The Hughes Family said...

Oh Im so jelous!!! She looks like she had so much fun! Im with you though...That dang swine flu is getting me a little nervous!!!

Karina & John Calderwood said...

Ava looks like she had a blast! She is so grown up!

Marilyn & Steve said...

What a doll! And after going to the St. Louis children's museum with Heather and Bud and the kids, I KNOW it is just as much fun for the grown-ups! Glad you are finding fun stuff to do - and glad you are taking precautions, too!
Mom/Gramma

Ashli Brown said...

That looks like so much fun! I need to see if there is one around here, im sure there is.