So Isaac finally made it. Ava and Viv were both 6 days late, so that's the deadline I gave Isaac, but when he was still a no show we took matters into our own and I was induced. I was really scared, because I like to go unmedicated, and I heard that the pain of contractions was worse on Pitocin. I really didn't want to end up getting an epidural, but I wanted this little guy to come out so I could snuggle him! (They spelt his name wrong on his bassinet, it is infact, Isaac not Issac. I know this picture confused a lot of people)
He was born on May 27th at 9:35 pm after 14 hours of labor (that's why I look so amazing in the pictures below) haha. It was actually me shortest and easiest labor yet, minus the fact that this kid has a huge head! I was able to go unmedicated again and while it hurts like crazy, the recovery is so much easier for me that way...So cut me some slack ok..I was a little tired :)
He weighed in at 8 lbs 6 oz and was 21 inches long. He's a good sized kiddo.
He gave us a scare because during the whole labor he was being monitored and was doing awesome. Super strong heartbeat, responding well to contractions, etc. Then when he was delivered, he wasn't breathing and was totally limp. The cord was wrapped around his neck and chest. When he had to squeeze himself through the birth canal he cut off his blood and oxygen supply with his arms. After a little help from a lot of people (they sounded the alarms and it seemed like a ton people flooded in the room, but it was just a few really) he was breathing again and bounced right back. It was still a little scary for me cause I couldn't do anything. I was just laying there thinking my baby might not make it, but he did and he is perfect!
Then the next morning the girls came for a visit! It was a bit windy outside :)
They loved to follow the little footprints to the elevator.
And they really loved their baby brother!
Heidi and Zane (Riley's mom and dad) were in the waiting room when the alarms sounded and they heard the room number and got a pretty big scare as well, not knowing what was going on. But they were happy to see a healthy baby boy and get to hold him!
Ava's been smitten from the beginning. Even before Isaac was born she just knew she wanted a baby brother and she was thrilled when she was right! She's such a great helper with him and he gave her a nice hickey on the cheek already. I told her not to let him "kiss her cheek" but she didn't listen :)
He's now 4 weeks old and such a good baby. He's chunked up pretty fast, and I think he will out weigh Vivi in no time! haha At his 2 week appointment he was 9 lbs 10 oz already, and normally they just want babies to be back at their birthweight, so he did that and then some!
He got a cozy quilt from his Aunt Tamar that he loves to lay on. I love this little chunker!



5 comments:
I bow before you... no epidural mama... amazing... I'm glad it went alright for you and that you recovered so well. Little boys are incredibly fun. Isaac {yea I put two a's} is a very cute name! Congratulations friend! You look beautiful...
WOW AMAZING no epidural you are THE woman! And HOLY CRAP SOOOOO scary when your saw your limp quiet baby! I would have been a MESS! Babies are soooo scary but sooooo worth it! He is one cute baby! I bet his sisters are going to have SOO much fun with him. I can see princess dresses and high heels in his near future:)
I still can't believe you don't use epidurals. The lady in the room next to me as screaming her head off because she didn't get one...and then my epidural started to wear off and it was NOT fun. I can't imagine the pain if it was 100%!! Isaac is SO handsome. You two make such cute kiddos!
What a cute family. We sure miss seeing u guys. So happy you are doing well and enjoying that adorable baby!!!
Oh he is cute!!!Linds you look younger than you did last time I saw you! What the heck?? Way to go girl!
Post a Comment