

No one told me that my eye makeup was smeared, and my hair looks funny, but here are the pictures anyway.
Shaun and Emily came and participated. They have been here in Rexburg with us from the beginning and it is fun to watch our little families grow. Ava loves their little man, Lincoln, and calls him BLincoln. She talks about him all the time and tells stories with "her friend BLincoln" in them. So fun to have such good friends!
Ava had a blast with Grandma and Grandpa. She was so sad to see them leave and kept saying, "I lost my Grandma and Grandpa!"
I also did my mom's hair while she was down here. That is an essential part of every Rexburg visit. It is a lot of fun to get to talk and catch up.

She has been asking me for colorful highlights for a few years now. She wants red for chirstmas and blue and red for 4th of July, but I have always told her no, because her hair is so light they would be rediculous to bleach out to a nice platinum again, so this time, I got her extensions! I cut them into her hair so she can clip them in and out for the holidays and there are no horrible effects. She now is the proud owner of red and blue ones! I think that I have created a monster cause now she wants green for St. Patricks day and who knows what other colors! hahha. Love you mom! Ava kept saying, "Grandma's hair is bleeding!" What a fun grandma to have around!

The cold weather has decended upon Rexburg, and so I am going into crafting mode like crazy...
What do you get when you mix old thrift store sweaters and a sewing machine?
Cute little Sweater Dresses for a cheap price! My favorite blog, Make It and Love It, gave me this idea and I went crazy...I made 5 dresses in like an hour cause they are so easy and so cute! They are made from Ladies sweaters. This one was from The Gap and in great shape and I just cut it a little and there you go! Ava loves wearing dresses all the time, and now she has some warm ones for the winter!
Then I was putting in a load of laundry and noticed soapy water EVERYWHERE! So Riley got to take it apart and fix it...this is what our house looked like for a few hours while he diagnosed the washer. Turns out the drum was cracked on the bottom. He put a little Apoxy (sp?) on it and it is working good as new. Hopefully it will hold out for another year or so.


9 comments:
First Off, Viv looked FREAKING ADORABLE, Second...what a cool Grandma your girls have, and third..im in LOVE with those sweater dresses too...i will have to wait a bit longer to make some fr Lil though. I lovethat Riley took your ENTIRE washer apart and was able to put it back together without 3 screws! That is soooo something Kelby would do...but i dont know if kelb would have been able to fix the washer...I think he would have told me to go buy a new one(lazy bum):)
Your little family is soooo cute! I love when you update!..Even if i dont know your girls..I feel like i do!
yea vivian! i love that riley fixed your washer. that looked like quite to job! go riley! we're excited to see you this week! call me when you know your plans and well figure it all out.
Miss my girls! They're so cute. Love mom's hair, she's crazy! :) And I've told all my friends here about those sweater dresses and I think we're trying some this week...who knows what they'll end up looking like. At least my friends here know how to sew, so that's a relief. :)
lindsay, congratulations! WOW. your girls are so beautiful. it is so fun to see your family like this. anyway, beautiful beautiful family. love, emilie
AHHHH I love the sweater dress. I have been doing the exact same thing with our old sweaters and shirts using the Make it and Love it blog too!!! So cute. Viviann looks so beautiful for her special day.
I love your mom's extensions! It might have something to do with the fact that I'm currently obsessed with getting some clip-in extensions. I'm going to look like Jessica Simpson. But better.
What a good looking bunch! I love your crafting. I always tell all my friends about you!
You guys make really cute kids!!! Seriously! I love the way your sweater dress turned out! I too went crazy when I found the tutorial, it's so nice to get clothes for the kids without having to spend a dime!
I love the extensions! And the kids at school couldn't get over them! So many said 'Mrs. Griffitts, I LOVE your hair!" I told them all you did it for me!
The story about Ava and the bead up the nose cracked me up! But it could have become a really fun game - bead blowing from the nose - kind of like seed spitting? Maybe this summer.....
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment