Monday, July 6, 2009

What Riley has been up to....


So here is an update of what Riley has been doing in Sunny California....


Being the best nerd possible! :)
He has been able to listen to executive speakers, like Tim Cook, the COO of Apple, who was acting in Steve Jobs place while he was on leave. And he even ventured up to San Fransisco for a week in Nerd Heaven! He went to WWDC (World Wide Developers Conference) this is where they announce things like the new iPhone 3Gs and the new line of MacBook Pros. They also have lots and classes and workshops.
He is having a great time and learning so many new things. We miss him of course, and can't wait to be together again as a family. We have a love/hate relationship with the airport, and the weekend visits are just not long enough! But we are so proud of him for accomplishing dreams and working so hard!




6 comments:

The Hughes Family said...

First I would like to say that I LOVE the pic of you and Riley and second, Im glad Riley is having a blast in nrd Heaven! We need to get together one of these days!!!

Langley said...

Tell Riley I am pretty jealous of him. I followed the conference pretty closely, and then immediately ordered the new mac and iPhone. I am in love with Apple.

Sokimna said...

Ok...is Riley really working or playing? We really miss u guys & sad we missed you when we were in California...so many things to do and so little time. How is pregnancy treatn ya? When are you guys actually coming back?

Emily said...

I said to Shaun, "*Gasp!* Riley got to go to a MacWorld Conference thing" and he said, in a quite jealous and sad voice, "I know". We miss your family so much! We hope that all is going well for you. I can't believe you only have 49 days to go for your pregnancy! I feel like I've missed your whole pregnancy. ...And I was so excited to let you sit in the soft seats and stuff like you did for me. I really like your new name idea, MaKinley Roan. It is very darling. Plus, she'd pretty much be named after Riley's mac. JUST kidding. I really do like that name though. like I said, very darling! :) Did I tell you I miss you?

The Olligschlager Family said...

I really love Makinley! It is so funny I was just thinking the other day that I liked that name and then I read your blog. How exciting that Riley is living the mac dream.

Erin said...

Does Riley work with Adam Findley at all?