Monday, December 1, 2008

We {Love} Kendal

We had such a great Thanksgiving break. We made the 8 hour trek to Northern Idaho, and we love it up there so much! It is such a beautiful place. We forgot the camera though! Usually I am a picture maniac so it was really hard for me to not take a ton of pictures. I "borrowed" this one from Camille's blog. (Hope you don't mind :) When we were home, we had the opportunity to see Kendal get sealed to her parents. It was the best experience I have ever had. It was so amazing. Camille and I have been friends for a few years, and we met in the single's branch in Coeur d'Alene when it was just her and Kendal. It didn't take long to fall in love with Kendal, she has such an amazing spirit about her. Anyway, Camille finally met a great guy (Yeah Chris!) and they got married. Kendal was finally able to be legally adopted by Chris and was able to be sealed to Camille and Chris in the Spokane, Washington Temple when we were up there. (For those who don't know, in our Church (The church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) we are sealed when we are married, so it isn't just for time, but we are together for all eternity. When you are sealed as a couple, the children you have together are then born into the existing covenant and therefore sealed to you as an eternal family.)
It was so amazing. Riley was asked to be one of the witnesses, and the spririt was so strong. (side note: When we found out we were having a girl when we were pregnant with Ava, Riley was nervous, coming from a family of all boys, and he said, "I want our little girl to be just like Kendal.") I thought that was really cute. Kendal will always have a special place in our hearts and are so happy that we got to be apart of this awesome event!
WE LOVE THE ENGLISH FAMILY!!!

5 comments:

Camille English said...

Your so sweet! I'm so glad you guys were there! Hopefully we get to see you more next time, we have some catching up to do!

CP said...

Love your holiday background. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Porter Family said...

That's really fun to be able to go to things like that. I'm glad you have such great pals. I miss you tons.

Sokimna said...

Lindsay! I am so happy for your friend and her new eternal family. What a great gift for her with Christmas just around the corner!

Jenni said...

its been like six months since we have gotten together! ava's probably speaking in sentences! i hope you have fun in utah for christmas though and we definately need to get together soon. i usually go to idaho falls on weds, and fri and some sats. you just tell me a day and i'll be there in the target parking lot waiting! love ya!